Thursday 7 June 2012

First Step - Enrollment

I enrolled last summer in University of the Philippines, Baguio Campus. Flash back few months before, I wouldn't have an inkling thought of passing in the country's most renowned university. I had hoped, wished, yes, but never did I actually imagine of going there.

At sometime in May, I flew to Manila and had a bus ride with Tatay to Baguio, which was approximately 6 hours. Oh, I wouldn't want to remember the longest 6 hours of my life. I wasn't able to do anything but sit - imagine that.

The day before the enrollment, I went to the univ and was planning to had my medical check up taken so I wouldn't be going through a long line on the day of the actual enrollment. Luckily, I was one of the first few people there then, so I get to be one of the first few students in line. But I wasn't lucky enough when it had started raining really hard. I was sitting in an open area, which really exposes me to the coldness. Yeap, Baguio coldness plus rain - you wouldn't want to imagine it. Especially for someone like me who had lived in a hot place for the past 15 years, where it rarely rains hard, called Palawan. I was only wearing a sleeveless and a thin cardigan then. I could vividly remember how I felt the I'm-freezing-to-death feeling. It was such a bad memory.

So at least, I had finished my medical check up well, by myself.

The very next day, I woke up early to avoid the long line that they said are always present during enrollments.I found a mass of people in a lobby in which I assumed was where the enrollees are supposed to be, read the instructions pasted on the board in front, and sat. I had no one to talk to, which was why I eavesdropped on other people's conversation. The girl beside me was talking to her friend about this tv series, Big Bang Theory, which I happen to be watching as well.

The actual enrollment was a fun. Fun in a way that I had not expected it to be. That's, I think, what I get from expecting of the worst. Anyway, we were each given a green paper where all the procedures of the enrollment are written. It was all, as far as I can remember, 11 steps. There's also a venue written in each step and you'll be looking for the venue. You will know if you are in the right venue when you have seen the sign there. It sort of resembles an Amazing Race. It was cool, and I get to know this girl, Nash, when I was lining up for stfap. And she happens to be my blockmate also.

I was almost finished of all the procedures when I saw my friend, Aziel. She was my classmate back during elementary. She happened to pass UPBaguio as well, in the same course I took - BS Biology. I stopped to ask her what block she was assigned, and we were lucky enough to be on the same block.

I'd be flying back to Manila again two days from now, and be really going to college. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment