Friday 22 June 2012

COLLEGE - The First two weeks Edition

Everything about college is turning out so well-- by this, I mean, even better than my high expectations of it-- most, if not all, of my blockmates are really nice; I enjoy, so far, all the courses we are studying (most especially History1 and Geology11); no prof had given me a 'terror' impression yet (yeap, even Prof Rimando, surprisingly. He isn't as bad as the stories go, really); and I have been getting along well with not only my roommates, but also my fellow dormmates.

Last week, my dormmates and I went out to buy stuff. We went to Session Road (Rizal Avenue's counterpart in Baguio), bought stuff, checked out ukay-ukay shops, ate out, and between those, we had a blast.

Just awhile ago, I was from Oh My Gulay with some blockmates. It was sort of like ditching History class, but it was not. We were told that we wouldn't be meeting our prof, so we went somewhere to kill our time, which was Oh My Gulay. It's a vegetarian place, with such great ambiance, albeit not too affordable.

Last Monday, after the college orientation, my groupmates and I, from Botany lab class, decided to go to Burnham Park to search for flower pollens for a lab activity on Wednesday. It turned out, we were joined by people from other groups as well, so it was really fun.

Last Saturday, JP and Aze and I went to watch a movie-- Kimmy Dora. We had to sit on the stairs because we were almost late for showing. But, it was still fun, even though we kept on moving because other people were going down by the stairs. 

Tomorrow, I have a plan with Aze and JP to study at UP Library. I know it would be a lot of fun again, it always is.

It seems, by these experiences, that I am having a total blast of college. And I am. But no matter how fun college is, I still miss Palawan-- I miss its hot temperature, I miss the accessible beaches, and most of all I miss my family-- my momma, my tatay, my little sisters, and my oh-so-cute brother. But Palawan is not a single bus ride away, and I have to bear that truth for 5 more months.

When my head is buried in the books, I get preoccupied, and for a while then, I forget all the homesickness and misery and the craving of being home. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment